Tuesday, May 31, 2011

National Scrapbooking Month (Explosion Box) & meeting friends

Did you know that May was National Scrapbooking Month?


I love to scrapbook and now I try to find the time, but lately there's no time. What I had made is an Explosion Box. By the way this was done a few years ago and thought to share it with you. I think it's a wonderful idea. It has different slots where you can add pictures, do journaling, and add embellishments. I had seen an explosion box a while ago at a scrapbook store. Miami use to have many Scrapbook Stores and now it's sad to say there's none. I had never done one so I started researching to see how to make one. Have you ever one seen one? If not here you go.





















I love this. It's a small decorative scrapbook box. It even has a luggage tag so you can add your room key or anything else to show where you went. Can you see the cuteness? I did a Disney box. Disney is one of my favorite place and since we are going soon. I thought it would be a great idea to show. At times when trying to replicate this it can very tricky, but at the end it's was worth it.




You open the box and start to see the pages unfold you'll be amazed at how many pictures it can hold. When I saw it I was so fascinated and happy by it. You can use as many different scrapbook papers, stickers, embellishments, photos, etc. as you want. Each slot can be a different character and or a different theme. I made this one rather plain as it was my 1st one.



 This is how it looks when you completely open it. Some of the flaps still stay open, but if you push them down they will stay.




If you have ever done one I would love to see pictures. Please send the pictures to maluboutiques@yahoo.com


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Being in the craft world you get to meet some pretty awesome and talented people. I'm lucky to have a few crafty friends. I asked a  couple of my crafty girlfriends if they did anything for National Scrapbooking Month and if they wouldn't mind me sharing some of there talent on my blog.

Meet Diana.
She has a blog called It's my life and I'm scrapping itI met Diana in 2004 at my Scrapbook Store. Her talent is unbelievable. You should see some of her pages. She scraps from late at night to the OMG it's time to go to work. She puts so much details on her pages that it leaves you in Wow that's awesome. I'm glad I met her she has become part of the family. Here is one of her many pages that she has made.




To see more of Diana's Talented pages click here: It's my life and I'm scrapping it.




___________________________________________________________________






I've mention this before that I'm also a Stampin Up! demonstrator.
 I was hooked 2 years ago when I met Isis who is my up line Stampin Up! Senior Demonstrator. She does beautiful work. She also has a blog called Pretty Paper Parfait. She's a stay at home mom along with many other hats. Isis does beautiful scrapbook pages and has done her share of party favors as well. In our last meeting she had challenged us to do this Mini Album that she had found in another blog. Hers came out beautiful.
I'm still working on mine.



The color combo and the mix of textured papers is just fantastic. She loves flowers and most of her projects has flowers. If you want to see more of what Isis has done pass by her blog Pretty Paper Parfait.



___________________________________________________________________________________________

I met another lady (Fiorella) a few weeks in the meeting who has wonderful ideas. Fiorella showed us one of her flowers that she had made and I thought it was beautiful. This is her mini album as well and it came out just as beautiful. Me and her just started sharing ideas once we met. On her blog you will find a Spanish tutorial about this album. Once we have the English version we will post it on my blog.


I'm a paper girl and love to see how people mix patterns and colors.
Here is  Fiorella link: Stampando 



I hope you enjoy today's blog on National Scrapbooking Month. Remember if you pass by these lady's pages let them know that I sent you. They are very talented and hopefully you will love the ideas that they have. Till next time.

xo,

Maylene


0 comments: