Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
On Sunday, September 11, 2011 it's National Grandparents Day!!!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Cooking: 60 mins
- Level: Easy
- Yields: 20 slices (10 slices per loaf)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Trim the orange card stock so that it fits flush with the glass of 2 of the clip frames.
- Trim the yellow card stock so that it fits flush with the glass of 1 of the clip frames.
- Take the ribbon and cut a piece that is 20 inches long.
- Centered at the top of the piece of ribbon, sew a loop 1-inch long with the embroidery thread and make sure it is securely tied onto the ribbon (don't worry how it looks since it will be hidden).
- Orient the frames horizontally and glue the ribbon so that it runs along the center of each backing piece, leaving 2 inches between each frame.
- Place the card stock on the backing pieces of the frames on top of the ribbon and glue into place so that the colors alternate.
- Center a photograph on each of the pieces of card stock and secure it with an adhesive glue dot.
- Put the glass on the top of the photos and backing and secure in place using the two side clips.
- Using the remaining ribbon, tie a bow and glue it over the base of the embroidery thread loop. Once the glue is dry, trim the ribbon ends so that they sit at the top edge of the uppermost frame.
Happy National Grandparents Day
Monday, September 5, 2011
The Halloween Photo Shoot that Almost Wasn't
Witches- O- Ween
Never mind that the shoot had been rescheduled because of an impending storm the previous Friday, (which turn out to be a gorgeous day because the storm took a turn).
Here we are photo shoot day(again) well the sun is out and the set up begins as this was suppose to be done in a section of my backyard that would really make it cool .
No....... the clouds show up and we start taking down, Santy our photographer is due to arrive at three so we go to plan B WAIT! There was no plan B improvise, improvise.
So, in the midst of a really bad rain and windstorm that did not stop all day long where witches hats kept flying off and rain kept blowing under my covered patio and a humidity level of 150% , My Mom and I setting up and making the food, while my grandmother inside entertaining the kids (who thought that they were going to be playing outside not in) and our helpers (Hubby & Dad) that due to the weather could not get out of work so
As always our photographer Photograhy By Santy Martinez he is great, reliable and even under the worst circumstances will make things look awesome. Thank you Santy and My friend Renee from Dainty Delights for the outrageous cookies, Everything else created by us here was the end result.
Hope you liked it.